Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our last day...

We are headed to South Korea (map shows North Korea, sorry only map I could find)

Today was our last day in the "states"... I kept help but look back over our last three years here. So much has changed in those years.


We moved to Omaha Nebraska, a place I had never even thought about moving before. I was lucky enough to have a wonderful husband who supported me without any doubt and moved out here with me. Joe and I bought a huge house, backed out of the deal, then bought a condo. I started residency and wondered what the hell I was thinking and wanted to quit. Joe encouraged me right till the very end.


We started a family, first two dogs, then our precious son Jordan. He changed our lives in so many ways, mostly good...I do miss sleeping in. But it is entirely worth it getting up to play with Jordy before anyone else is up. I treasure everyday with him because he changes so quickly. He looks at everything with amazement and wonder.


Joe worked for Best Buy and then Pay Pal. We were fortunate that we could survive on one income and Joe decided to stay home with our Jordy. Then we found out we were headed for Korea...


At first we didn't know what to think. Then we decided it would be best to embrace this adventure. When I had Jordan I was a little scared that my traveling days would be over, but then a few months later we are ready to fly off to Korea, see China, and hopefully Japan too. It is amazing how everything works out.


Joe and I have also changed as individuals and as a couple as well. Being alone out here we have really learned to depend on eachother. I know that Joe is there for me unconditionally. I can depend on him and he will always be there. Joe and I have a wonderful marriage and I feel so lucky to have him. After seven years I still wonder how he puts up with me...


Our cell phones are shut off, our mail forwarded, our place rented, our bags packed. It is just me, Joe and Jordy and the open road/sky... After a long trip we will arrive in Korea and start a new chapter of our lives...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me when you guys get settled and let me know how I can get a hold of your guys!

Love you guys!
heidi