Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stupid Things I have done...

As I was sitting here reading through other people's blogs and eating grapes, I remembered something really dumb I did that almost killed me.

It was when I was on a rotation in Ohio. I was in my hotel room alone eating grapes and watching tv. When I eat grapes I like to cram a ton into my mouth and mash them all up and eat them. Well you can probably see where this is going, I nearly choked to death.

I crammed probably close to 10 grapes in my mouth, felt on slide down my throat and get stuck, then couldn't breath. I jumped up, adrenaline flowing, ran into the chair at the desk, thrusting my abdomen at it like I had seen on tv once. After what seemed like a lifetime I was in so much pain from ramming the chair into myself, and feeling lightheaded from the lack of oxygen, finally it came out- along with all my stomach contents.

Disgusting. How stupid can I be?

But as I recollect on my near death experience, I am cramming grapes in my mouth again...

2 comments:

Kameron said...

It's funny the different habits people have. I always eat mine one at a time. Not for choking reasons, just how i doos it!

fg said...

That happened when you were in Ohio? You never mentioned that when I came to visit you!!! I could have lost you to produce!!