Tuesday, January 20, 2009

4am and I'm up...

I couldn't sleep. I don't really know why, but after about three hours of sleep- pop- my eyes were wide open and I couldn't go back to sleep.

I read a really funny blog this morning about Obama's Inauguration. It is hilarious!

All joking aside, today is an exciting day. Today the first African American President will take the reins of the most powerful nation on earth. Today our nation is taking a giant step forward in Civil Rights. Obama has proven that it does not matter the color of your skin, you can do anything with hard work and perseverance.

I only wish that my paternal grandfather were alive to see this day. The day that a black man was sworn in as the President of the United States. Yes what joy I would have in watching my hateful racist bastard of a grandfather clutch is heart in shock, then keel over and die. Oh what a day it would have been. But unfortunately he died just one year ago, missed the whole event. What a shame.

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Yes! Pop would have loved it. To bad he didn't last to see it. He was a hateful old man. I hope for the country's sake, that Obama can really do something. We need a miracle right about now. But we will have to wait and see.

Anonymous said...

Katrina, Thanks for linking to my post, you rock! My grandmother would have never lived through a "colored" as a president either. She was from the south.