Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stork Attacked Mommy

This week Jordan is 9 months old...9 months, I can't beleive it!

He has grown from a small fleshy blob that couldn't even coordinate his hands to his mouth to a muscle bound little man who is everywhere and into everything...It makes me so happy to see him grow...

but what makes me ever so sad is my growing as well... I kept thinking that after being pregnant the weight would just come right off...well it didn't. It didn't come pouring off like it does for celebrities. I don't have the benefit of a dietician, a personal trainer, a legion of assistants to wake up at all hours of the night and attend to Jordy... So I wasn't too disappointed when four months after having Jordy I still wasn't back to my pre-prego weight.

I kept telling myself, it took 9months for your body to get this way, it will take several months for it to get back to normal...

Well now it has been 9 months, and I am not back to normal. I am still 10 pounds over my pre-prego weight. And things just don't look like they used to. It is all so much more jiggly...

So, sick of being a jiggly woman, I decided to take action. I stripped down to some shorts and a sports bra, and had Joe take pictures of me from all angles. The results were shocking. I will not display them here as I am likely to cause many of you nausea so severe you may need to call 911. I am amazed at how I thought things looked compared to reality. Joe dubbed the pictures- The stork attacked mommy! Don't misunderstand though, he is very supportive and compliments me daily. He has always volunteered to watch Jordy or help out in anyway possible so I can have alone time- the only problem is that I have been using this alone time to eat fudge stripes cookies...

With this shock into reality, I am motivated. I am motivated to eat better, exercise more, and stop making excuses.

Today I went to the gym during lunch. I started buying nonfat milk. I turned down cake at lunch time, and subbed mandarin oranges for french fries at Wendy's...the winds of change have arrived.

My goals:
- look sexy in Hawaii in December!
- Weight 140lbs by December
- be less jiggly
- fit into my skinny clothes
- post a gorgeous pictures of myself in a bikini on the beach in Hawaii in December.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big deal, big deal, 9months later only 10 lbs over. How about 30 years later and 50 lbs more!! You're doing great!!

Helga said...

testing testing let me know if it works-jordsy grammy

Helga said...

I think Stork Attacked Mommy sounds like a book name, you should write a book!!

Anonymous said...

Ok so I weigh the same as pre-prego but let me tell you... it is never going to look the same. Good luck! Hope you get close!

Julie said...

I am within striking range of the pre-prego weight... however, the pre-prego weight was nothing to shout about. I was about 10 to 15 pounds greater than I should have been even then. It is going to be harder for you to lose weight because you're not so grandly overweight as I and others are... so don't compare notes and despair because someone else has whipped off 10 pounds. Ten pounds at 170 is easier than 10 pounds at 150. Hang in there - and you look great. You must have awesome camo clothes.