Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Claire Olivia










Sorry for the long delay....but finally here are pictures of our new bundle.

Quickly a recap of how she arrived:
Just when I could take being pregnant no longer I spent the day crying and whining to Joe. It was a Sunday night and Joe suggested that I call my OB first thing Monday and asked to be induced. I said I would think about it. I went to go lay down, but couldn't get comfortable from throbbing back pain.

After an hour of shifting around uncomfortably, I got the heating pad with no help. Then I finally realized that the throbbing pain seemed to be coming in a pattern....yes I know I am a doctor, but sometimes we are pretty dense!

I told Joe about the contractions, and the fact that I started spotting, and off to the hospital we went. I didn't think they would keep me, and was sure that I would be back home in no time. We got to the hospital at 1030 pm, and by 9AM we had a baby girl!

She was 7lbs 13oz, 20.5 inches long, and cute as a button! She looked just like Jordan when he was born, and like her older brother she didn't cry either!

3 comments:

Pat and Carolyn said...

Katrina, Joe, and Jordy,

Congratulations to you all on the birth of your beautiful daughter and sister. You now have the set- a boy and a girl, and as I said before - she's beautiful - and what a beautiful head of hair. Katrina, I hope you know that you're going to have to share Joe with another woman. Once again congratulations to you all...Pat and Carolyn

Kindra said...

So glad she is here...and yes JUST like Jordan, SOOOO cute!
Being a family of 4 is SO fun, couldn't be more thrilled for you guys.

Kameron said...

Congrats again! I was wondering when she'd get her own post!! So sweet! Email me your address. I want to send you something. :o)