Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cobbler Night

Joe is taking a class every Wednesday night from 5-9 pm. So every Wednesday I was alone. Most of the time I wasn't even getting to see him when I came home from work, so my mom or Charis was watching Jordy until I got home.

The last several weeks we started a Cobbler night. It all started by accident. I was having a really rough week, and had to get some stuff from the market before I went home. Since I was so upset, I did some emotional shopping and came home with cupcakes and ice cream and a blackberry cobbler.

When I got home, Charis and my mom were already there. We made the cobbler and hashed over the distressing events that led to the emotional grocery shopping. It was so nice! So we have been continuing the tradition.

Tonight we had cobbler and made cards. I am a huge scrapbooker, and thanks to my friend Katie, started making cards to use up my scraps of paper. I taught my mom how to use her stamps and she ended up making some nice ones (we won't mention the starter card she made!)

Charis's best friend, Bridgette, is here visiting and was a great addition to our cobbler night. I wish she didn't live so far away!

Cobbler night has turned out to be a bright spot in my week. Instead of having a lonely night, it is really nice to look forward to girl talk, yummy food, and sometimes craft time too. Jordan seems to like coming over intermittently to see what we are doing!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of you! You're always dreaming up new things to do and taking on new projects! You are an inspiration. Thank you. ~Jenn