Sunday, April 19, 2009

Life...

We had a patient come in the other night who was found down in a bathroom. I got to go along on the transport to the civilian hospital. On the way his heart stopped and we had to start chest compressions. I don't think he is going to make it.

It really made me realize how fragile life is. One minute you go to the bathroom, the next you are being worked on in a ambulance, and then you die.

Whatever you are putting off till tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year...DON'T! Tomorrow may not come.

Tell your family how much you love them, make sure that plans are in place should something happen to you (wills, insurance..), and think about your life goals!

One of my goals in 101 in 1001 was to make a bucket list. Now seems like the perfect time:

  1. See the Great Wall
  2. Take a romantic trip to Italy with Joe.
  3. Have a huge family holiday, sit down to a dinner with all my loved ones.
  4. Take my kids (Jordan + more) camping.
  5. Dance with Jordan at his wedding and tell him how happy I was when I had him.
That is all I can think of now, but I will add as more come up.

2 comments:

angela said...

Awwww. I love that last one. That's my dream for my boys too. :)

Kameron said...

Number 5 made me tear up! I can't eben imagine our boys, heck, our babies grown enough to get married. The though that life goes that fast is really hard to grasp sometimes. I like your list and will have to make one of my own!