Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Today Joe and I did the most romantic thing we have ever done together. We got up early and got Jordy dressed and went to the base. Our friend Trent dropped us off at the bus station. We rode one hour to Yongsan Army Base. There we wandered around for about an hour before we found the building we wanted. Then once inside I talked to a Korean man for about ten minutes. Then he left and returned with.... OUR CAR!!!

It was heavenly sitting behind the wheel (on the normal side of the car mind you) and driving. Luckily we started talking to a guy at the vehicle place who was dropping off his car and needed a ride back to Osan. He knew directions, and we had a car! Turns out he was a really nice guy and was a treasure trove of information. It was a really nice drive back.

Once we were back to Osan we went grocery shopping and bought tons of food. We are now well stocked and have transportation! It is wonderful!

Now the only thing standing in our way of being completely settled is the lease. Unbeleivably we have been living in this apartment since the 12th and haven't signed a lease yet. The person who owns this unit is in the process of selling it, so we can't sign the lease yet. B/c we have no lease, we can't get our OHA (oversease housing allowance) which is an extra 1900.00 a month. So I really want to get that done! Hopefully it will be this week...

Work has been good. The beginning of the month my schedule is wonderful-I work one day, then three off, one day then three off. Mid month I switch to a three on- one off. I haven't seen any real emergencies in the ER yet, just lots of whiny people who don't want to got work. At least most of them are nice about it.

I have this weekend off, not sure what we are gonna do. I wanted to go on another tour, not sure if Joe is for it though...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katrina and Joe - wow what an adventure you're having. Just from what I've seen in your photos - what a difference 24 years can make. It looks so modern. I hope the shopping at Osan is still as good as I remember it. The one thing I remember so vividly when I was in the far east and out in the community were the different aromas. Some of it was good and some - well, not so good. Your apartment looks great! I was curious, though, about electrical outlets. Do they use 110 Volt outlets as we do in the U. S., or do they use 220 Volt outlets requiring you to use transformers? It may sound like a silly question, but of all things, that was somewhat of a shock to me when I was overseas. I was naive enough to think everyone used 110 Volts outlets. You all look great and it sounds as if you're settling into a routine. Time will pass quickly once you're established. All our best to you...Pat and Carolyn

Kameron said...

I tagged you, don't feel obligated, I just have few people I know in person in the blogging world! Check out my post from today to see what I'm talking about!